Monday 27 February 2012

Wallace elated


Antrim hurling manager Jerry Wallace
Jerry Wallace was delighted after his first game in charge of the Antrim hurlers yielded an excellent win over Wexford.

And after yesterday's six-point victory, the Cork man claimed the decision not to enter the Walsh Cup was fully vindicated.

"It's onward and upwards now," he enthused.

"We can only look forward to each game individually and the next challenge is the Clare game. It was a gamble not going into the Walsh Cup and I stand over that completely.

"I felt that if I had gone into competition earlier in the year there were aspects of the play, their support play against Wexford, that I might not have been able to get up-and-running, so I am very pleased."

He continued: "I'm very pleased with the second half in that when Wexford were starting to claw back the score, our lads knuckled down again and on the field they found a little bit of resolve and got it going again."

No comments:

Post a Comment